Safed Musli, Chlorophytum Borivillianum,
Chlorophytum Arundinaceum, Chlorophytum Tuberocum
"Safed Musli, an alternative to Viagra."
Safed Musli - The Plant
Musli belongs to the family of Liliaceae, is a traditional medicinal plant
found is natural forest right from east Assam to Gujarat. It is a pretty
herb of 1.5 feet high with erect lanceolate herbed leaves erect dense
flowered racemoses of white colour.
Different Species of Musli (Moosli)
In India about eight species of safed musli are reported out of them only
Chlorophytum borivillianum, Chlorophytum arundinaceam and Chlorophytum
tuberosum are commercially collected by our tribes from the forest.
Chlorophytum borivillianum is the only species which is under commercial
- Chlorophytum borivillianum
- Chlorophytum arundinaceum
- Chlorophytum tuberocum
- Chlorophytum malabericum
- Chlorophytum attenuatum
- Chlorophytum breviscapum
- Asparagus filicinus
- A. gonoclados
Its tubers are used in Ayurvedic medicines; it contains
about 27 alkaloids, steroid saponin (2-17%), polysaccaroids (40-45%),
carbohydrates, proteins (7-10%), minerals, vitamins etc. White musli or
Dhauli Musli is used for the preparation of health tonic used in general and
sexual weekness. It contains spermametogic properties, decoction of safed
musli for curing impotency as they are rich in glycosides.
Composition and Uses
- For therapeutic application in ayurvedi, unani, Allopathic.
- Curative of many physical illness and weakness.
- It has spermatogenic property and helpful in curing impotency as
they are rich in glycosides.
- Curing of Diabetes and Arthritis.
- For increasing general boddy immunity.
- Used in PAN and GUTKHA.
- Root powder fried in the GHEE, CHEWED in case of apthae of mouth
- Curative of Natal and post Natal problems.
- Above all these SAFED MUSLI (SAFED MOOSLI) is found very
effective in increasing male potency.
- It is considered as alternative to Viagra.
The Demand of SAFED MOOSLI (35000 tons/Annum) is much higher then the
supply/collection (5000 tons/annum).
Looking to the increasing demand and alarming dangers, it has become
inevitable to undertake the commercial cultivation of the SAFED MUSLI.
Site Developed & Hosted by Jeevan
Herbs & Agro Farms