Safed Musli (Chlorophytum Borivillianum)
Safed Musli belongs to the family of Liliaceae, is a traditional medicinal plant found is natural forest right from east Assam to Gujarat. It is a pretty herb of 1.5 feet high with erect lanceolate herbed leaves erect dense flowered racemoses of white colour.
Different Species of Musli (Moosli)
In India about eight species of safed musli are reported out of them only Chlorophytum borivillianum, Chlorophytum arundinaceam and Chlorophytum tuberosum are commercially collected by our tribes from the forest. Chlorophytum borivillianum is the only species which is under commercial cultivation.
- Chlorophytum borivillianum
- Chlorophytum arundinaceum
- Chlorophytum tuberocum
- Chlorophytum malabericum
- Chlorophytum attenuatum
- Chlorophytum breviscapum
- Asparagus filicinus
- A. gonoclados
Its tubers are used in Ayurvedic medicines; it contains about 27 alkaloids, steroid saponin (217%), polysaccaroids (4045%), carbohydrates, proteins (710%), minerals, vitamins etc. White musli or Dhauli Musli is used for the preparation of health tonic used in general and sexual weekness. It contains spermametogic properties, decoction of safed musli for curing impotency as they are rich in glycosides.
Benefits of Safed Musli
1. For therapeutic application in ayurvedi, unani, Allopathic.
2. Curative of many physical illness and weakness.
3. It has spermatogenic property and helpful in curing impotency as they are rich in glycosides.
4. Curing of Diabetes and Arthritis.
5. For increasing general body immunity.
6. Used in PAN and GUTKHA.
7. Root powder fried in the GHEE, CHEWED in case of apthae of mouth and throat.
8. Curative of Natal and post Natal problems.
9. Above all these SAFED MUSLI aka MOOSLI is found very effective in increasing male potency.
10. It is considered as alternative to Viagra.